Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Date a girl who travels, I say, or don't, how does it matter?

I'm the sort who feels claustrophobic in a party, awkward in a large group, suffocated in constant company, deadbeat when confined to a place for long. Traveling is in my genes. A long holiday doesn't imply party time, it means discovering a new place, or rediscovering an old place via a new path. Just today, I read a blog post about how you should NOT date a person who loves to travel. Something about how you can't handle her and all that jazz. Though beautifully written, I say, how does it even matter? When wanderlust consumes you, nothing else matters!
As I embark on yet another journey on the eve of Lunar/Chinese New Year tomorrow, here's a list of the top 15 destinations I've been to in the past few years (there are so many that I've missed orredy lah, oops I mean, already) :

1) Masai Mara National Park, Kenya:
Why I went: Masai warriors, my love for the wild

2) Neora Valley National Park, West Bengal, India:
Why I went: To get even more up, close and personal with Kanchendzonga than I've been in Gangtok

3) Sandakan, Borneo, Malaysia:
Why I went: The origin of the Orang-utans and proboscis monkeys

4) Chennai, India:
Why I went: Mum's conference, essence of the South

5) Tioman Island, Malaysia:
Why I went: Snorkel, eat, eat, snorkel

6) Changu Lake, Sikkim, India:
Why I went: Snow fight, relive childhood yak ride memories

7) Singapore, Singapore:
 Why I went or rather came: First time non-parental guidance provided foreign trip, pre-21st birthday bash

8) Mandu, Madhya Pradesh, India:
Why I went: Ghost stories of Rani Roopmati, Forts of Mandu

9) Cameron Highlands, Malaysia:
Why I went: Strawberry-picking, Tea and scones, Strawberry-shaped cushion and Vegetable Shopping

10) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia:
Why I went: It's my 2nd home.

11) Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India:
Why I went: It's my 3rd home.

12) New Delhi, Delhi, India:
Why I went: Definitely not because it's not safe

13) Melaka/Melacca/Malacca, Malaysia: 
Why I went: View of the South China Sea from A Famosa Fort

14) Temi Tea Gardens, Sikkim:
Why I went: Sip tea amidst the tea gardens;cherry blossoms signifying the impending exams

15) Cheratin Beach, Malaysia:
Why I went: To have a beach all to ourselves, wildlife river cruise

No comments:

Post a Comment